"The LORD turned to him and said, 'Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand. Am I not sending you?'" - Judges 6:14
The context? Gideon being told by the Lord. The purpose? Gideon allowed his weakness to cloud him in fear rather than trusting in the Lord's strength.
I've been sooooo tired this past three weeks. Physically more than anything else, but my mental weariness is increasing as well. There's so many things I want to do. So many people I want to spend time with, to reach out to, to love and cherish. But I find myself constantly dogged by this weariness that doesn't seem to fade. When am I going to catch a break? When am I going to feel that vigor in my limbs again that makes me feel like I can take on the world?
The thing is...that's not the point. It doesn't matter when. It doesn't matter when I feel rested again. What matters is the now. Yes, resting in the Lord is good and right, but I can't just simply wait until I feel strong again. He's called me and I must respond with what strength I have.
He's promised us that there is no challenge that will come our way that is greater than what we can handle. Therefore, my weakness is no excuse. God's reminded me three times in these recent weeks that I've been dropping the ball (or ring...) in my relationships. Three times...I might as well have denied him. Perhaps in a way I did. By ignoring his people I ignored Christ himself. But no more. No more excuses.
Ring ring. Phone's ringing. Are you going to answer the call?
No comments:
Post a Comment