September 1, 2010

A Mighty Kid is Me!

Thank Camillarry for the meal!
I was reminded recently about the power of grace and how little we actually deserve, but that's the cool part see? With God as our Father we're all mighty kids! By trusting in Him and his plan for me I can eat each meal happily, without worrying about today or tomorrow. I think I'm right at the brink of a stage in my life where many people lose sight of God. We get accepted to big name companies. Polish off the touches of a huge project. Finish building something grand. It's so easy to say "Hey, I did that! Wow, I did that!"

But really, how much did I actually do in comparison to what God did? Nothing really. All the sudden, I feel like I just noticed I've been dipping my chicken nuggets in weaksauce. I'm weak. My first thought all along should have been "Wow, He did that! He choose to do that for me!" or "That's crazy! That is seriously all Him. There was none of me in that."

The thing is, He choose to use me. He didn't have to. But he did. In reality I'm just like a little kid who helps to give her daddy the hammer when he could very well get it himself. I'm not needed, but he chooses to let me help him and in doing so, I get to witness Him at work. His power, His mercy, and His grace.

1 comment:

  1. dude love all the punny connections in this post. i miss you lots (:

    ReplyDelete