I’ve always wanted to be able to play guitar. I always had fond memories of when my daddy would play it, and I think it was because of him that I fell in love with the guitar. As I was growing up I tried to pick up the guitar a couple of times, but I never had the discipline to pull through until the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of college. I told myself that I would play the guitar everyday for the entire summer and then I made a deal with God. I told him that if he helped me learn I would give it back to Him. A couple of weeks later, I joined the worship team to cement my deal. Almost everyone on our worship team at the time learned whatever instrument they currently play, for the purpose of joining worship team. If that’s not passion, then I don’t know what is...Recently however, I feel like we’ve been getting slack. We’re tired and we seem to have lost ourselves in this constant pursuit of the impossible. It’s frustrating to be able to imagine exactly how I would lead a worship set if only we were better. God! So frustrating!
So here I am. Once again. Coming back to the heart of worship. And I’m asking again. You helped me once, so I know you can help us now.
God help us. We’ll give it our all. And then give our all, back to you.
PS. I finally decided on a name for my guitar. It's long overdue. Or perhaps the timing is just right..."She named him Samuel, saying, 'Because I asked the Lord for him'" - 1 Samuel 1:20
awww! (:
ReplyDeletepraying for pecc! tell them i miss them