I was working on 24. (write a will) and it really brought some new perspectives to my life. Jesus tells us to be ready to go, so that's what I'm doing. I wanted to prepare, to get things set up, in case it's time to go. Now the interesting part is as I kept wondering if there were any individual items I wanted to leave for people, I kept wishing I had more to leave behind. I kept wishing I had something better, bigger, more special, something of more value to leave behind.
As my thoughts continued in this way I realized a few things. A few very important things:
- If I'm willing to bequeath these things to my friends when I'm gone then why not now? All the sudden material things didn't seem to matter so much anymore.
- What else am I leaving behind besides these items? Is there something else of value? Something else that just won't fade away?
- Am I content with what I have already done? If I have done anything at all? I'd have to say no. Definitely not.
Jay hold on. Hold on to me. Cause I'm not ready to let go yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment