August 16, 2010

Rest

I've been having trouble sleeping for the past couple of days. Sometimes there are so many thoughts going through my head that it physically hurts...

In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat--
for he grants sleep to those he loves.
Psalm 127:2

Sadly for me. I know this verse. I believe it. I try to follow it...I go to bed on time. I just can't sleep is all.

I suppose it's cause even when I lay down, I can't stop toiling. Even when I give my body rest my mind gets restless and starts to plan the next minute, the next hour, the next day, the next week, the next month, my entire future. I think I've become one of the most stressed out people I know. I'm counting on Him to change that. Growing up sucks. Being constantly reminded that you don't have a driver's license sucks. Begging your little bro for money so you can hang out with your friends sucks.

On the other hand, growing up is awesome. Being alive after four car-accidents is awesome. Having a little bro that gives me money and then also pays for lunch is awesome. And no one has more awesome friends than I do.

Haha! Maybe the trick is to remember how awesome He is in the midst of it all. I'm sure He'd be happy to watch me fall asleep with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment