August 4, 2010

China Travels Part 1

Super creamy awesome ice-cream with green-tea drink!
My daddy bought me some ice cream and a drink. I was super tired that day and the Forbidden City was rather disappointing or maybe I was just too tired, but I was so happy when he sat down with me and we just ate our ice-cream together. For some reason he had bought some ice-cream for himself too and he started telling me about his childhood in Malaysia and how eating ice-cream there was an art because it melted so fast. I'm not sure why I was so happy with something so simple...I guess in the end all I wanted was for my daddy to spend time with me...it sucks that we had to go halfway around the world to finally spend time together, but you know just for that one instant, it was worth it. And I think our Father feels the same way. Sure we can spend time with Him here, but sometimes God will take us away from home. We might not understand why in the beginning, why we have to go so far, but in the end it's because he just wants to spend time with us and the only way to do it is to take us away from our computers, our friends, our homes, and everything else that's a part of our world. I guess sometimes we have to leave home before we can figure out how to return home. Sometimes we have to leave the comfort of His arms before we remember how to enter their embrace once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment