August 3, 2010

Stairwell Ministries

Found these guys when I was spending some time with Jay in the Hedrick Hall stairwell back in freshman year. Next thing I know I hear a guitar and people singing further inside the stairwell, and I realized it was worship songs. I finished talking to Jay, asked him for some courage, and I opened the door...and I wouldn't be the last time either. For the rest of that quarter I found myself in that stairwell again and again. We were quite the motley crew made up of random friends and strangers that stumbled in. Different ages, different ministries, different majors, but there was one thing we shared, and that was a passion for worshiping God. I could feel it on my skin when we worshiped. The air was electrifying. I always came away refreshed.

I'll never forget you guys and the times we shared. It's because of all of you that I've come to develop a special fondness for stairways. Every time I find myself alone in one, I catch myself listening. I guess I'm waiting to hear the music on the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment