March 25, 2011

When Did You Get Here...Thursday's Full Of It

Have you ever struggled with something? finally decided to just let go? only to wake up one day and realize that you made it? Well, I have.

7. Learn how to harmonize 3/19/11

I guess the first time I really felt like I could do it was a Hillsongs concert when they sang every single song in a key that I couldn't reach...but I shall mark the completion date as this past weekend, the first time I viewed harmony as a gift I did not deserve rather than a skill I was working too hard to achieve

18. Graduate from UCLA 3/16/11

I feel as if I should have a whole testimony written about the miracle of my graduation...alas I shall spare you all the sorrow and kleenex and simply let my GPA tell the story...GPA after my first quarter at UCLA? 1.085. graduating GPA? 3.134. It's not high I know. But after where I've been. No number could be sweeter~

43. Play songs in 6/8 and ¾ comfortably 3/25/11

Okay, this one, I definitely don't know how it happened. And I still can't really play most songs, but seeing as how I caught myself playing with a 3/4 strum to a 4/4 song yesterday, I think some kind of breakthrough has been made.


And lastly, for the past several months I've been struggling with bitterness. Just yesterday I read through my old journal entries and discovered one dated 1/11/11. It's opening line? "I need help." The funny thing is. It's gone. The bitterness, the anger, the resentment. It's gone. Totally gone and I have no idea how or when it happened. But what I do know is this:
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10 

And yes. That is Thursday's verse, weapon. And yes. I know I'm cheating with the creative description. And yes. I do know I'm behind. And yes. I do have all the verses picked out already. And yes. I do need to learn how to say no...

1 comment: