March 10, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Actually yesterday was Ash Wednesday, so today is more like Lateaday, but close enough...

I've actually known Lent was coming for a few weeks now, but I couldn't for the life of me think of anything I could do for it. Maybe it was just the nonstop events, the nonstop school, or the nonstop brain. But I couldn't seem to be still enough to hear anything. Yesterday was different, however. It's the middle of tenth week here at UCLA. A time for mass crammage and messier living spaces. And in the midst of all this, I took a study break.  And right there. All of a sudden. Life stopped.

I could do anything. Go anywhere, but God wants me to be here. Here for Spring quarter at least. After that I have no idea. But I do know that He has indeed prepared in me a heart that is willing to go anywhere. And because of that I realized that He was waiting, waiting to show me His wondrous plans. Plans that I know will be revealed to me in visions of the bright and burning future.

For the next 46 days I want to dedicate my future to God. With humility and with a prayerful heart, I want to be infused with His vision, His passion, and His compassion. And in accordance with this plan I want to prepare myself for the future ahead by equipping myself physically and spiritual for the battles to come. Cardio-workout here I come. And 46 slick and sharpened verses shall I add to my arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment